Welcome to Day 15 of our 21-day Virtual Healthy Child Party: Clean Well on the Go!
We’re excited you want to participate and can’t wait for all the great conversations and questions today and in the days to come!
To participate in today’s Virtual Healthy Child Party and Giveaway, please review Healthy Child Healthy World’s 5 Easy Steps and answer the question that follows in the comments section below.
Pesticides have been linked to a range of health problems, including asthma, hyperactivity and behavior problems, cancer, learning disabilities, reproductive disorders and compromised brain development. Non-toxic solutions are safer and just as effective!
Many chemicals used in conventional cleaning products, personal care products and furnishings are linked to negative health impacts. Often, what’s in them ends up in you. Fortunately, there are many safer alternatives!
People in the U.S. spend about 90 percent of their time indoors. It might seem safer and cleaner, but indoor air is typically more polluted than outdoor air. Luckily, it’s typically very easy to improve indoor air quality!
Today’s modern diet is grown, processed and packaged using toxic materials. Pesticides, bacteria, industrial chemicals and food additives all find their way into children’s foods, often at levels that can be harmful for them. Shifting to healthier foods is easy, and can even save you money!
Plastics are everywhere. In most cases, they are affordable and convenient. But increasingly, scientists are finding that the hidden cost may be our health. Many common plastics release harmful chemicals into what we eat, drink and breathe.
From handrails to playgrounds, their mouths and their friends’ noses, it’s no secret that kids touch all sorts of things. As a parent, I often find myself searching for the best solution to keep my kids’ hands free from potentially harmful germs – especially at mealtime. Most of the time, we rely on good, old-fashioned hand-washing to clean our hands. But we also like to visit children’s museums and other indoor play areas when it’s rainy outside, and may of them require kids to use hand sanitizer before they are allowed to enter the facility. Breaking out my reusable water bottle and castille soap like I do at the park doesn’t work so well in these situations. So before the attendants can spritz my kids’ hands with alcohol and triclosan-containing sanitizer gels, i break out safer hand sanitizer brands like CleanWell. Larry Weiss, MD, has been studying the antibacterial triclosan and its health impacts for years, which prompted him to start CleanWell, a manufacturer of all-natural thyme-based antibacterial liquid hand sanitizers and soaps. Weiss talks about how triclosan affects people and the planet and how the nation’s notion of hygiene should shift.
The experts at Environmental Working Group have stated that even with all of the “sanitizing products” on the market, the best way to clean hands is still good old soap and water, but I am very happy that there are safer alternatives available for those times when we need it. Here are some reasons I prefer CleanWell over other hand sanitizer brands:
- No harsh chemicals and free from Alcohol, Triclosan and Benzalkonium Chloride
- Gentle on sensitive skin and even leaves skin soft. Also, won’t sting cuts – big plus for little ones!
- Never tested on animals
- Transparency: CleanWell Personal Care Ingredients List
As a thank you for participating in our Virtual Healthy Child Party, one lucky reader will win a CleanWell Hand Sanitizer Spray and Wipes Canister (ARV $14.00) plus a gift bag filled with safer product samples and coupons (worth min. $25.00 in products and savings), for a total value of $39.00!
For your chance to win this and the other giveaways throughout our Healthy Child Party Event, don’t forget to:
Answer our Healthy Child Party Day 15 Question of the Day:
What do you think makes a product non-toxic?
Please leave your response in the comments at the end of the article.And feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or respond to others’ questions/responses. This party is all about generating communication and building awareness!
While only your first comment at the bottom of this post will be counted as an entry for the giveaway, we invite you to engage with each other, respond, invite your friends, share via social media, etc.
Here are some great ways to stay connected to Healthy Home Magazine, Healthy Child Healthy World and Dolphin Organics:
- Follow Healthy Child Healthy World on Twitter (@Healthy_Child)
- Follow Healthy Home Magazine on Twitter (@HealthyHomeMag)
- Follow Our 2012 Go Green Get Fit Challenge on Twitter (@GoGrnGetFit)
- Follow Our Healthy Products Guide on Twitter (@HealthyHomeGuid)
- Like CleanWell on Twitter (@CleanWell)
More Fun Connections:
- Vote for Healthy Home Magazine in Circle of Moms Top 25 Eco-Friendly Moms!
- Join the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- Sign up for Healthy Child Healthy World’s Newsletter
- Sign up for Healthy Home Magazine’s Newsletter
- Subscribe to Healthy Home Magazine’s blog via email or RSS feed
- Follow Healthy Home Magazine on Pinterest (@healthyhomemag)
- Follow Healthy Child Healthy World on Pinterest (@healthychild)
- Follow CleanWell on Pinterest (@CleanWell)
- Pin/Tweet/Share this party and giveaway with your friends/followers!
- Healthy Child Party Event Kickoff! (Healthy Home Magazine)
- Keep Toxins Out of Your Body with the 3 Points of Entry (Healthy Home Magazine)
- This Mother’s Day, Clean Up the Toxic Cosmetics Aisle (Healthy Child Healthy World)
- Green Moms Unite to Talk About Toxic Chemicals (Groovy Green Livin)
Note: Please be sure to read the full rules and giveaway eligibility in our Virtual Healthy Child Party Event Kickoff. Entries for all 21 days of giveaways for this event must be received by May 31, 2012 at 11:59pm PST to be eligible to win. All winners will be selected via Random.org and notified via email by June 4, 2012. Healthy Home Magazine and/or Sponsor will ship product directly to winner within 30 days.