This week’s Go Green Get Fit Challenge is Progress Report!
We’re halfway through the 2012 Go Green Get Fit Challenge so it’s time to review My Go Green Get Fit Challenge Personal Goals…not that I don’t know what they are. Of course, I do (mostly). But it’s a good idea to review written goals, refresh them, and get revitalized to meet them.
Reviewing and adding to my Personal Journey Milestones:
April 10, 2012: I laced up my brand new Patagonia Fore Runners and started running again after a 12-year hiatus. The first day, I could only jog 1/2 mile before I felt like I might collapse.
May 13, 2012: I finished my first-ever 5k (3.1 mile) race on Mother’s Day in 38 minutes and 22 seconds (12:12 pace).
June 18, 2012: I joined the Go Green Get Fit Challenge to help me stay on track with the motivation and support from my friends!
July 15, 2012: I finished my longest-ever race: a 10k (6.2 mile) including a 2-mile beach run in 1 hour and 18 minutes (12:34 pace). Woot!
Personal Goals check-in for the Go Green Get Fit Challenge:
- Make time for at least 40 minutes of exercise at least 5 days per week. Progress Report: YES! Whether it is running, doing a yoga video or hopping on the elliptical, proud to say this is happening consistently for the first time in a LONG time!
- Complete a 5K Race (May), 10K Race (July), and 1/2 Marathon (13.1 Miles) (September). Progress Report: Two down, BIG one to go! I’m a LOT more nervous about the 1/2 marathon than I was the other two – not just because of the increased mileage, but because I’ll be running in a hotter climate and with thousands and thousands of others! But I think I am physically ready for it. Just have to get myself psyched up and then get out there and have fun with it.
- Make dietary changes to help me lose 1 pound per week throughout the challenge, and beyond until I reach a healthy weight. Progress Report: This one is my nemesis. I really love food. I eat very healthy foods, it’s just that I eat too much of them compared to the energy I’m expending. While I have not lost a full pound each week throughout the challenge, I have stopped gaining and am working hard to redefine my relationship with food, recognize what a healthy serving size looks like and make better choices about the foods I eat. I’m looking for long-term lifestyle changes and I have faith that the number on the scale, BMI and body fat percentage will continue to improve over time.
- Add strength training twice per week to my new sustainable fitness regimen. Progress Report: Argh! This one I actually forgot that I included in my written goals! The outdoor boot camp class I was so excited about when I listed this as a goal was canceled and I have not replaced the strength training routine. Adding to my “must prioritize” list!
- Choose eco-friendly and non-toxic products to support my fitness goals. Progress Report: Yes! Thanks to our fabulous sponsors, I have had the opportunity to try out some fabulous non-toxic deodorant from Miessence (that REALLY works!), beautiful new Patagonia Fore Runner Shoes, and Angel Baby Bottom Balm for those not-so-fun chafing moments during and after a long run! I also treated myself to a BPA-free hand-held hydration bottle, have been fueling my longest runs with organic Honey Stinger products, and love practicing yoga on my lovely blue Think Sport PVC-Free Yoga Mat. Is there more I could do with regard to eco-friendly fitness products? Of course! But I feel good about this as a start, and will continue my quest for eco-fitness, sharing my finds along the way.
Ready to join me on my quest for sustainable fitness this summer?
Join our group at EcoMom Alliance and participate in the weekly Challenges and Giveaways from June 18th-September 9th!
Do you have personal health or fitness goals this summer? Share them here (we always love to hear your ideas) or share them at EcoMom Alliance for a chance to win more than $250 worth of eco-fitness products from our fabulous Go Green Get Fit Sponsors!
Ready to join our quest for sustainable fitness?
- Join the challenge! Participate in the weekly Challenges and Giveaways from June 18th-September 9th!
- Week 1 Challenge: Set and Share our Fitness Goals. You can read about My Goals Here or Share Your Own for a chance to win over $250 worth of eco-fitness products from our event sponsors.
- Week 2 Challenge: Share Your Nutrition Tips!
- Week 3 Challenge: Share Your Tips for Beating the Heat!
- Week 4 Challenge: Share Your Safety Tips!
- Week 5 Challenge: Share Ideas for Fueling Fitness Naturally!
- Week 6 Challenge: Progress Report!
- Follow our team on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to read their stories, find motivation, get inspired and join the challenge!
Sponsor & Affiliate Special Offers:
Enter for your chance to win a $25 Gift Certificate to Ely Organics (giveaway ends 8/21)
Enter for your chance to win a 3-month subscription to NatureBox (giveaway ends 8/26)
Save 25% Off your first month’s subscription at NatureBox.com with coupon code GOGREEN
Save 20% Off your entire purchase at ElyOrganics.com with coupon code GoGrnGetFit20
For more special offers, be sure to visit our Green Shopping Directory.
- 5 Natural Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Exercise
- Go Green Get Fit Challenge Overview
- Go Green Get Fit: Meet the Bloggers!
- Go Green Get Fit Week 1 Challenge: Share Your Goals!
- Go Green Get Fit Week 2 Challenge: Nutrition Tips
- Go Green Get Fit Week 3 Challenge: Beat the Heat!
- Go Green Get Fit Week 4 Challenge: Personal Safety
- Go Green Get Fit Week 5 Challenge: Fuel Your Fitness Naturally
Get the Latest Go Green Get Fit Challenge Updates from our Blogger Team: