This week’s Go Green Get Fit Challenge Topic is Hormonal Influences!
There’s no denying that hormones influence women’s energy, stress and even physical strength/stamina. I tend to be very reactive when it comes to dealing with changes in my hormones. I was that way in pregnancy, nursing, weaning, and always for menstruation. It often takes me losing my patience, getting frustrated with some everyday occurrence, or feeling way more tired or sad than usual in order for me to recognize that the issue is not some external influence, but rather my own body chemistry trying to communicate with me. Ever since starting the Go Green Get Fit Challenge, and learning to exercise consistently to train for my upcoming 1/2 Marathon, it has been very obvious to me when hormonal changes are both on their way and in progress. I can feel it in my stride when I’m running. Sometimes my hormones work for me and other times against. But still, I didn’t have a lot of experience finding balance in the chaos. So I am very thankful to all of the amazing women who have given their ideas on the EcoMom Alliance Discussion Board this week! Here are some of the ideas shared, plus a few of our own:
Nutritional Supplementation Ideas:
- Raspberry Leaf Tea (my personal favorite way to drink this is in Earth Mama Angel Baby’s Monthly Comfort Tea)
- Raw Cacao Powder
- Magnesium (orally and/or topically)
- Vitamin B Complex
- Fish Oil, Flax Seed or other great sources of Omega 3s
Physical Activity Ideas:
- Exercise! If you can push through your tiredness or irritability, you may just find yourself reinvigorated
- Incorporate Yoga or other calming techniques into your day
- Rest When Your Body Needs It
What other ideas do you have? Share in the comments here (we always love to hear your ideas) or share in this week’s discussion at EcoMom Alliance for a chance to win more than $250 worth of eco-fitness gear from our fabulous Go Green Get Fit Sponsors!
- Join the challenge! Participate in the weekly Challenges and Giveaways from June 18th-September 9th!
- Week 1 Challenge: Set and Share our Fitness Goals. You can read about My Goals Here or Share Your Own for a chance to win over $250 worth of eco-fitness products from our event sponsors.
- Week 2 Challenge: Share Your Nutrition Tips!
- Week 3 Challenge: Share Your Tips for Beating the Heat!
- Week 4 Challenge: Share Your Safety Tips!
- Week 5 Challenge: Share Ideas for Fueling Fitness Naturally!
- Week 6 Challenge: Progress Report!
- Week 7 Challenge: Staying Fit While Traveling!
- Week 8 Challenge: Eco-Fitness Faves
- Week 9 Challenge: Chemicals in Food
- Week 10 Challenge: Greener Events
- Week 11 Challenge: Hormonal Influences
- Follow our team on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to read their stories, find motivation, get inspired and join the challenge!
And don’t forget to use the Rafflecopter form below to enter for your chance to win our Grand Prize, with over $250 worth of eco-fitness goodies from our amazing sponsors, including $100 Gift Certificate to PlanetShoes.com, 3 Month Subscription to NatureBox.com (ARV $59.85), $25 Gift Certificate to ElyOrganics.com, Non-toxic First Aid Gift Set from Earth Mama Angel Baby and more!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Full disclosure: This article contains affiliate and sponsor links. We appreciate your support when you click thru those links and we may receive a small commission should you decide to make a purchase.
Disclaimer: The author of this article is not a medical professional. All advice is based on personal experience and the experience and suggestions of other women. Please consult with your physician before beginning or changing your exercise routine or nutritional supplements.