What makes My Mama’s Love so special? In two simple words: its owner!
Leslie McCann is the brains, hands, and heart behind the entire company. She didn’t intent to start a skin care company, but in 2004, she couldn’t sit by idly and watch her daughter suffer from allergies and chemical sensitivities resulting in skin ailments that none of the products on the market were gentle enough to address. So Leslie took matters into her own hands, researching safer, gentler, natural solutions and ultimately developed her signature product, Complete Skin Ailment Curative
(which my family uses daily for everything from diaper rash to dry hands to chapped cheeks in the dry winter air), and My Mama’s Love was born.
For seven years, Leslie has been working tirelessly to expand her all-natural product line, all of which is rated 0-1 (safest ratings) by EWG’s Skin Deep Database
. Her line now includes 100% natural alternatives for a full range of skin care needs, from first aid to eczema to after-shave to acne treatment.
I have been using My Mama’s Love baby products for my family for about 18 months and absolutely love them. But there was one product I was anxious to try, and Leslie graciously agreed to send me one to test out: the Acne Attack Kit
, which includes a trio of products intended to help treat acne…naturally! It is a complete system and all three products are safe, natural and gentle. After using it for about six weeks, I can firmly say I LOVE this kit! I had been blessed with relatively clear skin for most of my life, but when I was pregnant with my son 5 years ago, all those pregnancy hormones did something crazy to my arms
of all things! I ended up with little white and red bumps that never went away. That is, until Leslie sent me an Acne Attack Kit to try for myself, and voila – little bumps are officially gone! It took about 2 weeks of using the kit for the bumps to be completely gone, but I noticed a huge improvement within even the first two days. No more wearing long sleeves in the middle of the summer to hide my weird bumpy arms! Yay! I HIGHLY recommend this product as both safe and effective
Want to get your hands on an Acne Attack Kit of your own? You can buy one online
or take your chances in the giveaway (or both!!). My Mama’s Love has generously offered to give one Green Kids Guide reader not only an Acne Attack Kit, but a full gift set of awesome, natural skin care products with a total value of $38.
The Giveaway includes:
1) Acne Attack Kit
: 1 each (approximately a 4-6 week supply) of each of the following:
- P.E.A. Soap
- P.E.A. Salve
- Acne Soothing Spritz
2) Kiss My Boo Boo
(value $8.00) all-natural healing salve for scrapes, bites, scratches, and dry skin. It comes in a cool twist-up tube that’s easy for even toddlers to help apply – which, if your kids are anything like mine, comes in very handy. When they insist on putting the salve on themselves, I always breathe a little sigh of relief that it’s completely safe for them to handle (unlike neosporin, polysporin or other over the counter synthetic cut/scrape ointments)!
3) Fixx My Lips
(value $5.00) all natural lip balm is preservative free, fragrance free, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, nut free, petroleum free, chemical free & free from anything artificial! AND it works great, smells great and comes in a convenient small tin that’s easy to slip in your purse, backpack, diaper bag, or even your pocket!
Here’s how to enter the giveaway: There are 8 different options to enter! Please complete the following actions and add a separate comment below for each entry once the action is completed. Entries will be accepted thru 12:01am PST on December 7, 2011. Winner will be selected via Random.org and notified via email.
Mandatory Entry: Visit My Mama’s Love and leave a comment below about one product you’d like to try and why.
Bonus entries: you will get an additional entry in the giveaway
for each action you complete AND post a comment letting me know when you complete each action:
- +2 Entries: The Safe Cosmetics Act of 2011 needs your support! The Safe Cosmetics Act of 2011 (H.R.2359) is designed to give the U.S. Food and Drug Administration authority to ensure that personal care products are free of harmful ingredients and that ingredients are fully disclosed. It’s pretty simple, right? My Mama’s Love and Green Kids Guide are hoping you’ll use this handy action tool from our friends at the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics to tell your rep to close the loopholes that allow “cancer-causing chemicals in baby shampoo, hormone disruptors in fragrance and lead in lipstick.” Please Use the Action Tool to contact your representative now!
- +2 Entries: Vote for My Mama’s Love in Best of Mothering’s 2011 Awards in Personal Care: Baby Category
- +1 Entry: Like My Mama’s Love on Facebook
- +1 Entry: Follow My Mama’s Love on Twitter
- +1 Entry: Subscribe to Green Kids Guide Blog via email or RSS feed
- +1 Entry: Like Green Kids Guide on Facebook
- +1 Entry: Follow Green Kids Guide on Twitter (@greenkidsguide)
- +1 Entry: Tweet this review + giveaway to your followers
(you may tweet for a +1 entry once per day): 12 Days of Gifts Galore @greenkidsguide review & #giveaway of all #natural @mymamaslove skin care http://ow.ly/7Fsju
Please be sure to check out the other blogs in the 12 Days of Gifts Galore by clicking here: