As a green-minded parent, I am always looking for products that will satisfy the eco and socially responsible side of me as well as the side that doesn’t think green has to be boring. So here you go…with both ideals in mind…my top 5 picks for back-to-school 2011 are:
Graze Organics…We love them because they are:
- 100% organic cotton
- No plastic or synthetic linings
- Free of BPA, PVC, Phthalates, Lead
- Water-based inks
- Made in the USA
- Cute, cheerful designs
#2: FAVORITE BOOKBAG/BACKPACK:
- Organic and natural cotton
- Non-toxic dyes
- Sustainable wood accents
- Recycled Plastic Components
- Eco-friendly FUN!
- 1% for the planet Member
#3: FAVORITE LUNCHBOX:
Planetbox…seriously, what’s not to love?
- Made from high-quality 300- and 400- series food grade stainless steel
- 5 compartments encourage variety of healthy lunch foods
- “Dippers” allow for messy foods like yogurts and dips
- Easy to use & dishwasher safe
- Lightweight rubber (PVC-free!) magnets to decorate
- Non-toxic, eco-friendly fun!
#4: FAVORITE ECO-FRIENDLY ART SUPPLY
Crayon Rocks are all-natural soy wax crayons made from USA grown soybeans and colored with mineral pigments.
- Non-toxic and fun to use
- Come in an eco-friendly, reusable, washable cotton muslin bag
- The colors are vibrant and can be layered to make beautifully textured art work
- They were designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles, preparing fingers and hands for handwriting
- Used by occupational therapists to help children develop fine motor skills
Have a high school or college student in need of textbooks, study guides or supplemental reading? Why buy them when you can RENT THEM! And for younger kids, be sure to check your local library before you go out and buy all those reading list must-haves!
Enjoy the rest of your summer. School will be back in session before you know it!
Full disclosure: some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase when clicking thru these links. We appreciate your support and thank you for shopping via these links. It helps us know which articles and recommendations are most useful to you and of course, helps us keep the lights on!
- Healthy Home Recommended Products Guide
- Recommended Reading List
- 2012 Eco Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- 2011 Eco Holiday Gift Guide